Enter for a chance to win tickets to Farmraiser presented by AES Motor, September 25th at Indy Urban Acres.
Indiana-owned and operated Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. is accepting applications for the next Program Director (PD) of heritage Adult Alternative WTTS (92.3 FM) in Indianapolis. The PD will craft and guide the sound, image, and brand experience of WTTS: on-air, on-site and online. The PD is responsible for all aspects of the WTTS listener experience: all on-air content (including music, production and imaging, air talent, shows and features), events and promotions, and online and digital presentation. Help us carry on the success of the 30-year WTTS brand. We’re looking for a programmer who demonstrates leadership and management skills, along with a clear ability to work collectively with all departments to achieve broader station and company goals. Duties will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Create engaging daily music logs and maintain our extensive music library
- Coach and mentor all air talent, guiding them to achieve established goals
- Hire, directly manage, and conduct regular performance reviews of full and part-time staff
- Guide our production team on crafting unforgettable station imaging
- Collaborate with sales and promotions teams on creating effective promotional opportunities that drive results for advertisers while serving station goals
- Guide our digital team to develop exceptional products that support overall brand goals while providing revenue opportunities
- Understand how digital and social media channels, and database/relationship marketing platforms, can grow audience loyalty and brand affinity, and develop clear plans for success in these areas, including revenue generation
- Work with the music community (labels, artists, managers and promoters) to secure live in-house performances and artists for large-scale station events
- Develop and effectively manage department budget
- Understand the workings of Nielsen and the PPM system to achieve ratings goals
- Develop and oversee plans to enrich the station’s community service efforts
- Provide oversight of department staff, including programming coordinators of sister stations in our Bloomington market
- Perform daily air shift, if required
- Provide oversight to ensure adherence to FCC rules and regulations
- Successful programming experience, preferably in the AAA, alternative, modern rock, classic hits, or classic rock formats
- Strong Music Master software skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrable leadership skills
- A working knowledge of the sales process and basic economic structure of a commercial radio station, and a clear ability to work supportively and effectively with sales department
- On-air experience
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record (applicants will be subject to a standard background check)
WTTS is one of the rare large-market stations on the air today that is successful, independent, and privately-held. We have been operated by the same family-owned company since our frequency went on the air in 1960. We serve Main Street, not Wall Street. We believe in local radio, local decision-making, and always doing the right thing for our listeners, our advertisers, and our community.
The first step to becoming the next Program Director of WTTS is emailing your package to President/General Manager Brad Holtz: email@example.com. Packages should include four elements: a brief introductory letter written specifically for this position, a comprehensive resume, edited MP3 audio demo (not to exceed 3 minutes) of your work on the air, and a one-page overview of your programming philosophy. No phone calls, please. Sarkes Tarzian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. -9/1/21-
WTTS is sending you to various locations throughout the state to explore the diversity of the communities that make up Indiana. It’s September’s WTTS StateCation™ compliments of the City of LaPorte. Find prize package details, contest rules, and register to win a WTTS Statecation HERE. Each month, we’ll invite you to take in a new experience throughout the state of Indiana. It’s going to be a great summer!
At WTTS, Sunday mornings and evenings are laid-back. Check out OverEasy, presented by Brothers Floor Covering from 7 to 11 AM, AND 7 to 11 PM.
Brad Holtz plays singer-songwriters, mellow and acoustic tracks, and live exclusives.
This week, hear new music from Brett Dennen and newcomer Tre Burt, and Sun King Studio 92 exclusives from Civil Wars and Ingrid Michaelson.
Dave Lindquist spent decades covering the Indianapolis music scene for the Indianapolis Star. Now, Dave has his own show on WTTS. Join us Monday nights at 7 for, The BEAT with Dave Lindquist presented by Soundspace. Hear your next music discovery from the local and independent scene and fresh music from familiar artists.
Monday night, Dave presents new music from Ty Segall, Cherry Glazerr and Indianapolis artist Tommy Icarus.
Songs played on the Aug. 30 episode:
Strand of Oaks, “Jimi & Stan”
Torres, “Hug from a Dinosaur”
Pip Blom, “You Don’t Want This”
Ty Segall featuring Denée Segall, “Feel Good”
Genesis Owusu, “A Song About Fishing”
Afflecks Palace, “Carpe Diem”
Cherry Glazerr, “Soft Drink”
Duke Hugh and Bryony Jarman-Pinto, “Say No More”
Dean Wareham, “The Past is Our Plaything”
Tommy Icarus, “Carolina”
Phoebe Bridgers, “Nothing Else Matters”
Bess Atwell, “All You Can Do”
Robert Ellis, “’70s Adventure”
Mondays begin with WTTS New Music Monday. We play a variety of brand new releases and album previews. Hear the anthems of the future and experience upcoming artists as they break into the mainstream for the first time on New Music Monday.
Billy Idol returns with new music, his first in nearly seven years. The Roadside EP releases September 17.
This week experience new music from:
Billy Idol : Bitter Taste
Dermot Kennedy : Better Days
Bleachers : Stop Making This Hurt