featured, The WTTS Blog

WTTS A To Z: The Best of ‘TTS in Alphabetical Order

12 Comments 17 January 2020

Presented By:

WTTS A to Z 2020 is officially underway!  The tradition continues as we take a  journey through the WTTS library, playing the best of WTTS alphabetically. Listen at 92.3 fm, online at wttsfm.com,or download the free WTTS mobile app in the Apple Store or Google Play. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram WTTS A to Z is presented by Dreyer and Reinbold, five brands, one passion for driving.

A few notes about how we alphabetize the music:

-Articles “the” and “a” are ignored

-Numbers are spelled out (“1979” is “Nineteen Seventy Nine,” for instance. “Back 2 Good” becomes “Back To Good.”)

-Acronyms are ignored (ie: “FM” will tall in the middle of the letter “F,” instead of leading it off.)

-Cover songs? We ignore the spelling of the artist and put the original first, followed by the cover.

-Different songs with the same title? We alphabetize based on the band or artist’s name.

Supported By:

1. BILL HOFF says:

Don’t Pay the Ferryman should be played this year. Thanks in advance !

2. Cheryl Venable says:

Just on the A’s and I absolutely love this. I freaking love music!! When I listen and I have forgotten about a song from a while a go, I can always count on 92.3 WTTS to play it at sometime and it makes me so happy!!!! Keep on doing what you are doing, WTTS 92.3 rocks my world in an amazing way!!!!! YAY MUSIC!!!!!

3. Li says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE A-Z! Enjoy the history behind the playlists, too. SOOOO Awesome that WTTS does A-Z each year!!!

4. Cathy says:

Love all the songs your playing thru your A to Z listings. Would love to get the music you all are playing. Absolutely love to hear my favorite songs.

5. Joy says:

Changed vehicles this morning & pleasantly found A-Z on WTTS!! Listening to the D’s now. You’re making my beginning to 2020 GREAT!!!

6. Clisty says:

One of the most fun playlists of the year! I’m always trying to guess the next song or figure out when my favorite will play! Thanks WTTS!! Melissa Etheridge, Jimmy Buffett, John Mellencamp, and the Indigo Girls on one station…it’s like my Spotify playlist BUT ON THE RADIO!!

7. Scott Newton says:

Now that you´ve shown you have thousands of great songs in your archives, it would be fantastic if, as an independent station, you would play them throughout the year. Or at least more than once a year. If the past is any predictor, as soon as this A-Z programming is over, you will revert back to the same 25-30 classic rock songs that every corporate owned classic rock station plays.

Superstition
    Tiny Dancer
    Something In the Air Tonight
    Me and Julio
    Another Brick in the Wall
    Our House
    Brown Eyed Girl

Enough already.

8. Hoss says:

Great Tunes , Brings back a lot of great memories, while I’m doing my honey do’s on this laid back Sunday, appreciate A2Z list Thank you

9. Jon says:

Ah, yes, can ALWAYS count on TTS for the annual & very special January SAD antidote. Thank u SO much for this treasure. U guys r the best – by far – in my book. Local radio would b a complete s#%t show wo u!!

10. Jon says:

Wow. You guys never disappoint. Local radio would be Absolute crap without you. I look forward to this every year and absolutely love this treasure. TTS never disappoints.

11. Brandon Devers says:

Why did “Eye in the Sky” come after “Sir Duke”? E is the letter for “Eye in the Sky”.

12. Karol Ford says:

I love A-Z! I wish you would publish the whole list!